Original Naval Museum of Alberta Logo
The Naval Museum of Alberta logo was designed in 1991 and revised in 2006 by Rod. A. McLeod. It is inspired by Royal Canadian Navy ship badges, specifically designed for each ship. The logo Uses a circular design and is topped with the naval crown and surrounded by a gold rope. In ship badges, three maple leaves at the bottom of the rope circle distinguish Canadian badges from those of other Commonwealth navies, however, the Naval Museum logo carries only one maple leaf.
The center of the logo sports three naval images
The Canadian Navy used the white ensign from 1911 until the adoption of the Maple Leaf flag in 1965. It was the flag of the Canadian Navy at the time of the First, Second, and Korean wars.
An anchor symbolizes a ship and the navy.
An image of a Supermarine Seafire representing the RCN Naval Air Branch. This naval version of the Spitfire, one of which is in the museum collection, operated from the aircraft carriers HMCS Magnificent and HMCS Warrior.